The European Youth Event (EYE) brings together at the European Parliament in Strasbourg thousands of young people from all over the European Union and beyond, to shape and share their ideas on the future of Europe.
The core values of the EYE are democracy, inclusiveness, co-creation and commitment to giving a voice to young people.
The EYE strives to:
- Be a role model for other event organisers
- Highlighting best practices and fostering their application
- Communicating on achievements to all stakeholders and partner organisations involved
- Ecologically design all aspects of the event
- Decreasing the waste impact and limiting the carbon footprint
- Ensuring adequate waste management
- Raising awareness of participants’ carbon footprint and developing methodologies to measure it
- Ensure the event is inclusive and accessible to all young people
- Making communication tools more accessible
- Providing access to activities independently from disability
- Increasing participation of young people from underrepresented backgrounds
- Creating a safe and secure environment for all participants and stakeholders
The European Parliament is actively engaged in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. It has already committed to the Environmental Management Audit Scheme (EMAS) and to the ISO 14001 environmental management system certification. The ISO 20121 event sustainability management system international certification process initiated by the EYE complements this commitment and is fully in line with this global approach. The ISO20121 standard sets a framework that supports the achievement of the sustainable development goals established for the EYE, aiming for continuous improvement and always in full respect of the legal, health, safety and other requirements applicable to the event.